Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kind words...

My dad looks at me, says "you're famous" and looks back down at the Northwood Anchor.

A few weeks back a very sweet, kind and patient woman, JoAnn Lower sat down with me and her job was to get my story for my local newspaper.  Traveling out of country is rare here in Northwood.  Imagine being in her shoes when I smiled and started talking for 4 hours about the past year.  Having to cut things shorts and even skip stories, knowing myself too well....I gazed her direction and her face was overwhelmed!

The story in the Anchor about my adventures is a detialed overview of what the past year has been like.  There are a few things I'd like to correct tho, can't take all the credit for the great things in the story, as some of the actions weren't made by me.

To clarify:
-My friend Luis is from Nicaragua.  He built his house with his bare hands in less than a month.  Still with no floor, water or electricity, he was hesitant for me to visit, the owner of Hidden Canopy Treehouses donated the money for him and I to install a floor.  Jenn, you are a kind and generous woman!

-Luis, lived with his wife and two kids.  His parents lived in a full house (11 people in the 10x15 foot room.) When I was in Matagalpa those 17 days, I stayed with Luis and family.

-In total, my time in Nicaragua was roughly 2 months.  
-Honduras scuba diving was great.  Put it on your bucket list.  And go advanced.  We went 36 meters below the surface to feel nitrogen narcosis (waters intoxications!)  Scuba diving is awesome.
Thanks JoAnn for taking those few hours to chat with me.  You are an amazing person!

No comments:

Post a Comment