Friday, January 28, 2011

Tech break

Ever find yourself over new age communication?

Just want to toss your cell phone into a dark bottomless hole where you won't see it again?  You look at a computer and say "no way."  Sometimes, life is best lived being away from technology and the lure of lost hours using it.  Life, lived in the moment, is dependent on what you're doing right now.  Not what happened yesterday, not in tomorrows dreams.  But right now, a true 'present.'

Tho in this life very few live without cell phones or email addresses, it is possible to escape or take a break from over-usage.  How great a feeling to take a hike through the woods, not thinking about what news is breaking, what texts you need to return or who's blog to read (yes, I know this is a blog.)

My lovely smart phone rang today.  (It was in a dark hole, apparently covered in velvet with extra trampoline padding!)   My big sis, questioning my existence as a person and social communicator.  Kel, I've taken one of those breaks and am working on the balance needed for life, friendships and communication.  As I sit here, babysitting, I want you to know that reality has hit once again as I'm being watched by a smiling 4 month boy and am covered in baby vomit and snot!

No comments:

Post a Comment