Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And the last week in pictures!!!!

First and foremost, Happy Birthday to my Mom.....Sept 8th is her day. Mom, I hope your day is awesome! Love you and Happy Birthday!


An Owl that was outside last night.....sooo cool! Spectacled Owl....in Spanish, Buhl!!

The cookies I made, were supposed to be for the guests but we ate most of them!

Oops, the recipe I used.....the 1/3 cup is for brown sugar and white sugar. I got a little excited making these!


Made cookies....choc chip with coconuts, almonds and raisins....ahhhh!

words for me to practice in spanish....lots of words....LOTS

Marielos, my spanish teacher

Gabirella, Marielos´daughter. She´s 9 and teaches me how to read in Spanish.....I´ve always said that it would be cool to be 7 again...Well I think I´m around 4 in the Spanish world!

Monkeys!!!!

They were so close to me, this was taken at the house of my spanish teacher. Mariallos acted like it was no big deal when she pointed at them. Wondering what she thought as I took off running out the door towards the porch where they were hanging out.

Hello little fella, hungry? Mariallos said they come up to the porch to eat fruit she puts out for them. The locals say they can be pests and yes, they bite.

You want a banana? .....I take that as a yes!

There were about 15 of them....I think. They were coming out of everywhere. These little guys are called ´cera blanca´ aka white faced monkeys

Morning breakfast!

Arcoiris....rainbow!

Mamonchinos....leeche fruit. Its soooooo good!

This is what the corn here looks like...needless to say they don´t call it sweet corn and trust me, being from Iowa, I almost fell over when they said that this was for human, not cows.

Leeches

Oranges here...they´re green

Farmers market.....I had a blast. Trying all new fruits and veggies and learning the names for them. Does it get any better than this?

Luis and I

Jenn, owner of Hidden Canopy on the patio of the main house.

Enjoying sunset, life is GOOD!

Alonzo and his sweet heart! haha, he make fun of me more than anyone, but its all good.

This is what a study session looks like.

Typical site here at Hidden Canopy! Butterfly spp

Cheyenne, one of the guests, having a tasty snack!

Lunch....Alonzo and Cindi are amazing cooks. I´m spoiled! Rice and beans for every meal, fried plaintains as well. This day we added fish and tomatoes!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having fun, Hailee! We had lychee in Hawaii too; the lychee had wrinkly old man skin and the red pointy ones were called rambutan--so good! Have you been to Mt. Arenal? We went to some hot springs there that were amazing! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete