Thursday, April 1, 2010

Does one need two kidneys?

Travelers talk,we have plenty of time to swap stories.  Just recently I met a man, who upon traveling in Mexico, encountered a few doctors that offered him $75,000 USD for his kidney.  Clean hospital room, full recovery and cash on-hand once he was finished. So he did it without thinking.  And since, it has got me thinking.

$75,000 for an organ where I already have two.  That's enough travel money for  5+ years.  And it's a sanitary/hospitable environment where the doctors have been professionally trained.  Did lots of research the last few weeks.  Talking to past patients about their experiences and recoveries and life thereafter.  All seems good.

Verbally committed this morning after another phone interview, tho haven't signed anything yet.  Told them about my Salmonella thingy, so we've put off an ideal surgery date for 7 weeks, to be sure my body is in tip top shape for whats to come.  I'm a little scared but mostly excited.  It's opening up the world to me for the next 5 years.  And heck, I have two kidneys

2 comments:

  1. APRIL FOOLS..nice one sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hailee you are out of your mind. what dd you do that for---Meghan

    ReplyDelete