Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pura Vida!

Made it to San Jose, Costa Rica last night, 9pm local time. Life's been great since! If you've traveled you appreciate the chaos coming out of an international airport where hundreds of people hold paper signs with names, yelling their business, while taxi drivers try to coerce you into a ride from them!

No worries, there was a shuttle lined up for me and the experience was shared with two other chicas just starting their own journeys.

From the moment we landed, there was this feeling of 'reality' hitting along with extreme joy and a little laughter from not knowing the language.

Walked to the city center today to get some air and see the sites. San Jose sits in the middle of the mountains so the view is great. A little different walk from the Minneapolis streets I was used to but I could feel the love as everyone greeted me with a "hello" instead of hola, they like my hair!

Already planning the next stop, thinking the coast if I don't get a job first!

No comments:

Post a Comment