Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in El Salvador


Black sand beach. Endless fireworks, really, endless. The big meal on the 24th, the party on the 25th. And by that, they weren't lying when they said everyone goes to the beach. All day.

When in Rome. I spent last night on the beach, throwing fireworks in the air, dancing the kumbia y merengue and singing Feliz Navidad.

Saved 3 packs of Swedish fish that my mom sent me for Halloween, that was my Christmas present along with a card from a friend. Thank you friend. Best Christmas presents I've ever had. After I fell out of my bed, I was practically running to the beach this morning excited to open them there.

'The best things in life aren't things.'

The beach. People watching mostly. The families tote in coolers for picnics. Every surfer hit the waves. And I did cartwheels with a Swiss guy and Slovenian guy!

And just in case you wanted to be jealous....I ate rice and veggies. Something I'm good at concocting now!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds like a pretty great christmas. and swedish fish will make me smile every day of my life. did you know they have inverted sugar in them? a process that changes the structure of the sugar to make it more jelly like and retain moister longer so they dont dry out. :)

    ReplyDelete