Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Paradise....Little Corn Island!


Playing....

The girl that always sells me coconut bread.......I'm a sucker. Everyday a loaf!

The island in a nut shell!

My daily routine here


Yoga with Jocelyn....she's slowly teaching me. Not a bad thing to do at sunset!


Breaking away from the books a bit today....

Up at 5am. Sunrise. Addictive cake for breaky. The beach. A swim. Sandy paths. And now the computer.

Thanks to all of you that have sent me emails with details on your time, I enjoy every word!

Tomorrow I step away from the movie scene's of Little Corn Island and am trekking it back to Managua and jumping a bus north to Leon for a few days.

Movie scene's of Little Corn because of what happens here after dark. Paradise at day and port for drug transportation at night. Not joking, helicopters have chased a boat up on shore and someone found over $40k of coke on the beach, floated up after an emergency 'drop' from the Colombians. Didn't believe it was true until I spent time here.

I laugh because it's real and I'm too naive to have ever believed how it all works. Now I know. With all 'that' work for the locals, I've found the beaches to be empty. I've filled them with my time, book in hand.

Climbed a tree yesterday for coconuts. Bought 8 lobster tails for $10 (not small either) and been through 6 books. I call this a successful visit to Little Corn. Tack that along with a nurse shark sighting while snorkeling and ginger tea for almost every sunrise and you might understand why I feel like I own the world!

Much love!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you're having a great time down there while my family and I are freezing here in Chicago ;-) Great pictures... I'm using your island pic as my desktop wallpaper so it feels more tropical here.

    Merry Christmas

    Jay J

    ReplyDelete