Monday, May 10, 2010

A night to day difference!

 I went from 2 backpacks and days filled with walking unknown territories.  To 2 boys.  Ages 2 (Zach) and 4(Brett).  In a house, somewhere in a suburb in Dallas!

A few moments ago:
(I had been running on the elliptical, thought Brett was napping or reading books.  So I came out into the living room and was doing an ab workout, Brett was taking a #2 in the restroom and somehow we managed to have this conversation)

Brett:  "are we going to the park today?"
me: "not sure Brett, we need to be good kids to get to go to the park, maybe tomorrow" (caught Brett stomping on Zach with baseball cleats earlier)
Brett:  "ok, are you going to be here tomorrow?"
me:  "yes, I'll be here for awhile"
Brett:  "are you staying here until you find a man to build you a house?"
me:  "ha, well Brett, maybe, maybe not"

Life changes REALLY fast!  So do the questions that kids ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment