Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hitchhiking

That's right.  Already hitched a ride and the Dallas-Iowa bike ride hasn't started.  Found myself north of Lake Lewisville, huge lake that has over 185 miles of shoreline, plopped down in the northern Dallas suburbs.  Turns out......there aren't many bridges to cross it.  

Bike route hit a detour.  Next thing I know I'm climbing hills on a 2 lane (one lane each way) road as Texas trucks are barreling past me.  Head into grocery store.  They do not serve cold Gatorades.  Figures.  Money gets stuck in machine.  Make small talk with people in store for directions to Coppell (suburb, 25 miles south!) and nice architect/biker short wearer man offers me a ride in his Texas truck across the only bridge around.  Good ole I35!  No way I was crossing that on a two wheel self propelled bike.

Hindsight on the weekend.....Hitching rides is going to become a new favorite hobby of mine as I lose my way up north!  And, butt is sore!

No comments:

Post a Comment