Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lucha Libre!

When in Mexico............see Mexican wrestling!


Last night went to see Lucha Libre matches in Mexico City.  Mystico was the headliner.  "Best Mexican Good Guy" as our tour guide says to us, as he's wearing the scariest red mask I've ever seen.  Most the wrestlers wear some form of mask, to hide their identity.  Probably for many reasons!

My Spanish vocabulary increased as well.  But I'll hold those words for conversation only!  Ask me later.

This wrestling entertainment is a strange reality.  A mans' world of women barely wearing underwear dancing along the catwalk.  Where men beat on each other in a gymnast way inside a boxing ring.  I swear one of them could have been Shawn Johnson's brother (does she have one?).  With midgets dressed as monkeys but look like gummy candies.  Old men with died hair and butt pads.  Capes.  And I'm guessing a lot of steroids!  The drama of Lucha Libre brings families, young men and tourists!   New to me:  the good guys always win!

Check that off the list.  Been there-done that-glad to have gone-don't need to do it again!

(all photos from Google images because no cameras allowed in the stadium)

No comments:

Post a Comment