Friday, May 21, 2010

REI reimbursement

Bought my trusty Salomon shoes for the Central America trip.  Wore, tore and beat them down on volcanoes and such.   When originally purchased the salesman told me I could bring them back within the year and get a refund if anything happened to them.

So, holes, tears and all; off we went to REI last night to see if the shoes (unwearable) were refundable.  Guy at the counter is taking his time, diligently looking up the type of shoe it is, my membership number and the amount he can give in store credit.  While I'm on the other side of the counter.  Crossing my fingers for $60, while I paid $90 new.  Hoping, really trying to will my positive thoughts to the computer screen that he was looking at.

He looks up, smiles.  I'm feeling good, secretly pumped, loving REI at this moment, Saloman shoes too.  Then the news.  I'm already feeling it, it's gotta be good.  He says "we can give you $6.83 in store credit."  I look, in disbelief.  "Can you say that again?"  He smiles "we can give you $6.83 cents in store credit."  Tail between my legs.  Ok, REI, you win.  I kept the unwearable shoes!

Moral of the story:  Can't trade volcanoes for a new pair of bike shorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment