Thursday, October 22, 2009

La Fortuna - The waterfall and Volcano Arenal

Yesterday I hiked 6k's (cheated a little when I got a ride on a quad up the steep parts) to the catarata....waterfall!

Talk about raw power! Holy pumping. I was swimming on a treadmill! The water was a bit chilly but the bite was forgotten immediately after going under.

Swam with a group from England. And get this, Red Bull is still following me. One woman works for the company that produces the Red Bulletin in England. SMALL WORLD!


La Fortuna Waterfall

The view from above!

quoting myself "can you take a picture of me before I take my clothes off?!"

Thought you would enjoy this....tenni's, backpack, swimming suit! Hello Costa Rica backpacker!

The water was CRYSTAL clear!

Walking back 3 Toucans decided we were going to be friends.

Volcano Arenal, one of the most active in the world.

Tried.....tried....but didn't succeed at seeing lava. Rained all night, decided I didn't want to pass another day in Arenal, so I came back to Hidden Canopy today!


Everyone getting off our boat. I went to Arenal by what they call here.... Jeep-Boat-Jeep but its actually van-pontoon-van on paths with holes the size of me! Loved every second of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment