Thursday, October 1, 2009

The unexpected, always!

Had a three hour Spanish class this morning, where I spent my time stumbling through numbers. mil novecientos ochenta y dos = 1982. Try practicing that with a 9 year old. I'm back in 3rd grade!

Figured you like to hear about my near heart attack experience. Was walking up the mountain after class, back to Hidden Canopy, when a cow, jumped from the bushes that are in a pasture, onto the road, the pasture was at least 7-8 feet above the road. The cow was about 3 feet in front of me. Now, imagine. I'm hiking up, out of breath, thinking in Spanish and English, concentrating on not rolling my ankles on the crazy roads (aka rock gardens) and a cow jumps in front of me. I scream, I laugh uncontrollably for a very long time. Then, after conversing with the vaca's (cows), I continue walking.

Everyday something new. Everyday it get's more entertaining. Lesson number doscientos cuarenta y siete(247).....always expect the unexpected!

No comments:

Post a Comment