Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thermo Mania / Rincon de la vieja


Volcano Miravalles

My head is exploding. THIS COUNTRY IS AMAZING! Volcano's. Thermo waters.....have to hold my breath because it just doesn't seem real.

The way I dry my hair in Costa Rica

Breathing now. Ok. Just spent 3 days in the hot springs called Thermo Mania with Jenn, Christian and Marielos. The back drop of this hotel is Volcano Miravalles. We soaked in the hot pools, bathed in mud and rested in the Jacuzzi. This place was grrrrrrrrreat!

Thermo Mania!

Eating Tres Leches from our patio.....

(Marielos and I drying with volcanic mud!)

Monday we tried to go into the National Park Rincon de la vieja but it was closed. Luckily, we found out about cool waterfall and hiked to it. Not knowing we could swim there, we hiked up without swimming gear, but hey, who really needs clothes anyways!

(Jenn and I chilling (literally, the water was cold) in the waterfall!

Today we hiked inside the park. Rincon de la vieja is absolutely stunning. Boiling water, smoking holes and bubbling mud. A couple times Jenn and Christian took my hands, made me close my eyes and led me to new views, try walking down a volcano with your eyes closed!


Hello tree that could kill me!



Breakfast of champions as Jenn says. Trits Ice cream for breakfast! A gift from my new friend at the local bakery!


Ahhhhhhhhh sooooooo in love with life right now!

Back in Monteverde at the Treehouse hotel, heading to Volcano Arenal tomorrow by jeep-boat-jeep! Cross your fingers that there is lava!

No comments:

Post a Comment