Thursday, February 25, 2010

A new way to bargain.....

And just when I thought I'd seen it all, I went to the market again.

Sending a postcard to a 4th grade class up in Minneapolis.  Needed the postcard.  Had 2Q, a bag of mandarines, peanuts and my keys on me. 

Postcard price 5Q.  We made a deal for 2Q and 1 mandarine. Yes, thats correct.  I bought a postcard using dos Quetals and a mandarine.  Why o why can't we buy things with fruit in the states?

Glenda even approved, saying 'buen negocio' and hugging me!
 

A big shout out to the women of Guatemala and their ability to carry anything on their heads while walking through the hectic maze of the market, something we'd see live on 'American Gladiators.'

This woman is carrying a baby on her back and HUGE sack on her head, while shopping.  Surprised she wasn't whistling.

1 comment: