Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The second quake today is 5.3 in Guatemala


No bigs.  Second quake of the day in Antigua.  Call it an aftershock if you can but 5.3 says quake to me.  9:15 a.m. I'm standing in my room and my legs start wobbling.  I look up, the plant hanging in the hallway is swaying.  This time I make my way to the door way, taking no chances.

It passes in 10-15 seconds (my time) and life goes on like normal.  The locals laugh, ask if I'm scared since I'm asking so many questions.

I respond "this isn't normal for me, none of this!"

Earthquake Details (source)

Magnitude5.3
Date-Time

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me, but I just stumbled upon your blog. If you have the $$ and want to enjoy a nice night, head back under El Arco and try to get a room at the Cloister. Wonderful place and might change your feelings about Antigua, one of my favorite places in the world.

    ReplyDelete