Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beginning another adventure

Tomorrow, if the rain holds, I'm embarking on my most challenging adventure yet to date.  Not jumping a bus to Mexico or a boat to Columbia.  Pedaling a bike, north to Iowa actually!

A push mentally and maybe a little physically.  Maybe a more than a little. 50 or 70 miles on a bike for 3 weeks.  Through the Texas heat.  Through tornado alley in Oklahoma.  After the Oklahoma Free Wheel, I'll spend a week alone in Missouri.  Then the home stretch from border to border in Iowa.

Getting to this point...whoa.  THANK YOU JORGE AND HECTOR at REI.  I've spent well over 20 hours in their shop with them.  Learning.  Tweaking. And putting together my bike.  You two are bike geniuses!

Have a tent.  But I'll make it a goal to sleep inside.  Humans are kind!  Excited to see what happens.  Not sure if my family was ready for this, again.  They've sent me off with a phone that has 'road side assistance.' 

PS.........Thanks fam for the support.  Mary too.....loved seeing your face again, finally!!  And Lauren, congrats on graduating from high school, excited to see what you make happen.  Quinn---Happy Birthday to you a few days late!

No comments:

Post a Comment