Thursday, June 3, 2010

Water bottle Americanisms

Since being back, my eyes have opened to many of things that Americans do, consume, yell, text or say.  A sad, reality that hits me via my family, and their friends, every day here in Dallas, is watching the consumption of plastic water bottles.  Mission:  to have at least one of them convert to a reusable-environmentally friendly stainless steel water bottle.
It's important to use reusable bottles.......because Americans alone buy over 29.8 billion, that's right, BILLION, bottles of water each year.  8 out of 10 goes into landfills.  Think back to high school science when your teacher told you about how long it takes for plastic to disintegrate in the earth.......yeah that's right, NEVER.

Do your part people.  Please.  I'm working on my family!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Haylie! A co-worker of mine made his New Years Resolution to never use a disposable cup in 2010. Isn't that cool? I think he's still doing it too ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. costco has great ones! my mom, dad and I all use them daily now! check it out. They are the safe plastic and they are spill proof and you don't have to unscrew a lid. quiet fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you! And the key to the conversion is to get people away from the plastic and to the stainless steel, as there is no "safe plastic" it's all made from oil- and we eat and drink out of oil and chemicals- ick? Another option if people won't drink out of a purified tap, suggest a large, refillable Culligan type water jug dispenser.

    ReplyDelete