Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hills and Duct Tape

In Oklahoma now.  Crossed the Red River.  But not without great stories.  Yesterday consisted of 71 miles. Hills.  Thousands of hills.  Newspaper reporters.  Cops.  Dogs attacking my borrowed tent. Duct tape.  More duct tape.  Lots OF duct tape.  After 123 miles in 93 degree heat I have arrived in Hugo, OK to ride the Oklahoma Free Wheel week long RAGBRAI like state ride.  Thus far I've got the most ghetto tent with the most duct tape and had the most questions as to why I want to ride to Iowa.  I have already washed my clothes in the sink and for all of you wondering, I have showered twice.

Today I was chased by a dog while I was pedaling uphill.  Small cute dog but very vicious.  Hope the dog trend does not continue.


This southern drawl is way too much for me to handle!

Updated by Kelly, Hailee's sister, via cell phone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment