Monday, June 14, 2010

noodling

So last night I got a verbal lesson on noodling. Y'all know what noodling is? Hahaha. Well to sum it up......its swimming and catching catfish with your bare arms. You stick your hand in their mouth and wrestle them out of the water. No bait needed. Just your fingers are catching 50 lb biters. No bigs. Turns out this is a national pastime in Oklahoma. Now I'm learning a lot!

Can't even begin to explain to lessons ive learned from all these okies. Haha. We've got some true southerns on freewheel. Yesterday afternoon we had Christian rock music playing for 4 hours straight- at the camp site. We alzo have been passing Baptist churches frequently. There's Indian tacos. There's brisket. The OSU fans are just as upset about the Big 12.

The sweat has been dripping. We climbed what I think are mtns today. They say hills and if that's true let me just say they are the BIGGEST hills I've ever seen. Then coasted for a few miles down at 35 mph.

Right now I'm laying in a tornado shelter cooling off....temp feels like 109. We're expecting storms tonight and rain tomorrow.

Butt cream and powder, gatorade and pickle juice, bananas and cliff bars. Sunscreen and cold showers......all things keeping me alive here in Oklahoma!

Wahoo almost at 300 miles in the trip so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment