Saturday, June 19, 2010

Missouri!

Today marked the end of Freewheel 2010 as we rolled into Joplin' MO.

What an experience with such a motivating group of people.

Had three guys riding / camping next to me for the week....Daniel, David and Larry....all okies and my new groupies! Thanks to them I made it through the week with extra heckling and hugs!

Spoke Spanish with a teacher today..she also advised finding a man to share my time with! I smiled and thanked her for the advice!!!

Then had a New Orleans man buy me a beer at 11 am! Barry-you are awesome!

Alice....girl who rode in and pulled her Achilles before Freewheel even started then proceeded to pass me every day snuck money in my bags today. The kind act still makes me shake my head in disbelief.

Had someone come up and take a picture of me because I'm NUTS and then another ask to take one with me.

All of that and the goodbyes to my new friends had me riding away in tears. Wow such a motivating experience with some phenomenal folks.

Now in Webb City. Alone again. In my tent- in a backyard. Two days of riding and I should be close to KC.

Estimating another 600 or more miles to go!

Thanks Oklahoma for all of the good people you've brought into my life!

Hello Missouri, please be flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment