Sunday, January 31, 2010

Back to frugality

My sisters left today.  I stayed in Placencia, taking the 6:45am boat taxi, tomorrow, out to start my travels on the bus again.  Back to life of dorm rooms, rice and beans, supermarket fruits and frugality.

I'm guessing they're a little relieved to get back home.  Life here in Belize is different than the hustle and bustle of Texas.  The hammock time, beach walks and kayak trips get crazy but their vacation must end and my travels continue.
                                                                                    (coconut man)
They spoiled me here in Placencia.  Who doesn't love being the youngest child.   Trust me sista's I appreciate everything you brought or bought for me.  We walked around this little quaint town of 900 residents.  It's famous for its 'sidewalk' and one road.  Everything else is sand paths.  The dolphins came the last two days, jumping in the water as we feasted on lobster and cilantro chicken.

Thank you Kelly.  Thank you Angie.  We made it and we've got stories!

Off to Guatemala tomorrow.  One week until my bestie Anna comes to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment