Friday, January 8, 2010

me, again!

After my great experience being attacked on a bus, which is where I spend most of my time, I set off yesterday to El Salvador's highest point.

El Pital, is stunning. Rolling chains of mountains in the distance Honduras and Guatemala. Google search El Pital and you can see photos of what I saw.

And today, I crossed into Honduras. Currently in Copan Ruins. Tomorrow I will be exploring the Mayan civilization, culture and evolution of these people by what they left behind. I'll take photos with my eyes and explain to you sometime in the future!

Quick note to say thanks: have had an army load of support come in to my Facebook and email after my life experience #91 on the chicken buses. So you know, I'm ok. Laughing at everything again. A little more cautious but not letting the incident bring me down, they don't deserve that and a great camera!

Buenos tardes!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hailee... hope you enjoyed Copan! Did you see the parrots? Anyway, we were reading your blog and thought as we were in Copan a week before you and we saw what you saw, (and took tons of pictures) we could forward you the pictures... so you can show people where you went, and for remembering (with a smile :) Let me know the best way to send them! Take Care, enjoy Utila, when you finally get there... Love Nicki and Al xx

    ReplyDelete