Sunday, January 24, 2010

One day. 2 different islands in 2 different counries!

Utila, Honduras.  Caye Caulker, Belize.

A private charter plane in between and call it a day!


After many priceless days spent in Utila, I have to leave.  Literally.  Visa expires at the end of the month.  Before I came here someone gave me fair warning about this island and its mystic powers to keep travelers much MUCH longer than they expected.  Thank my sisters and my visa for making me leave.  I still may return.   My favorites on Utila were of the following:

-Underwater Vision.  Dove here.  Lived here.  Loved every second of this place.
-Scuba diving.  Hip hip huurrraaayyy I'm certified now and can do this around the world.  How tempting is it to become a divemaster/instructor and turn this sport into a profession?  hmmmm
-Afternoon sand volleyball.  You know that feeling once you've played so much your forearms start burning? Yep, got it.
-Thompson's bakery and their cinamon rolls.  If you come here, you must try them.   Best thing since tres leches cake!
-Seven seas balieades...........almost a daily ritual.  Another food Americans need to make more of.

 (new friends....Daniel and Cam)

 As for the private charter........when you search 'pristine carribean islands' on the internet, you MIGHT see what we saw out the window.  The beauty was overwhelming.  I'm dealing with that now!

No comments:

Post a Comment