Monday, January 11, 2010

Stuck in La Ceiba

When it rains, nothing runs. News today: ferry canceled for 3rd day straight. Stuck...haha, ok sorry still in the beautiful Honduras, let me re-phrase, can't get to the island of Utila due to heavy amounts of rain. Sprinkle sprinkle.

Many, that being said,over 100 people, sent birthday wishes my way yesterday. Some asking what I was doing on the big 2-6. Well, yesterday consisted of 7 hours on a luxury bus (what y'all would call Coach.) And news of the canceled ferries.

Did find my way to a supermarket, which was a highlight since it'd been so long since I'd been in one that big. We're talking US size Hy-Vee, Albertsons, etc. People would turn and watch me because I couldn't stop laughing. "look at that girl, she's alone, wandering, and laughing hysterically." Needless to say, I was in fascination heaven. SO MANY THINGS, THE LIGHT IS SO BRIGHT, EVERY PRODUCT IS CONVINCING ME TO PICK IT UP, AHHHHHHH, GET ME OUT-OF-HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birthday cake consisted of my fav....tres leches. Tried to wait til after dinner but started eating it before I left the supermarket. It's heaven in the form of cake.

Being away, Without cell phone. Changed the way my family usually sends their wishes. Here's a video from Zach my nephew sending love. Needing a smile, watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment