Monday, January 18, 2010

Scuba diving Utila

PADI Scuba certifications:  Open water and Advanced.  CHECK!

(P.S. scuba gear really brings out my best looks!)



Curious to know why I didn't keep going.  Well check the chart.....all of these courses cost dinero, which I don't have specifically for diving just yet!


So glad I chose to get certified on Utila!  Rumor has it that the island certifies more divers per year than any other place in the world.  It seems true, as the island is filled with dive shops.  I went with Underwater Vision and believe it to be the best decision.


Throughout both courses, we dove in a variety of locations, mostly during the morning, once at night.  Must admit the night dive brings an entire different feel to scuba diving.  When you turn off all lights underwater and flail your arms, you stir up plankton and the luminescence lights make it seem like you are in a field of fire flies.  Absolutely, a one-of-a-kind experience.


 Porcupine puffer fish.

Trumpet fish.
Other than diving, I've done a whole lot of nothing.  It's been my life since I've gotten on the island.  Today is the first free day and the hammock over looking the Caribbean is calling my name!

Craving the green mangos, that are severed in bags with chile, salt and a little lime juice.  DO try this at home!

(All photo's taken from my friend Marcello)

Something to check out.  New friend introduced me to an inspiring series of videos called:  Ted:  Ideas Worth Spreading  You'll understand once you watch one!

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the addicted to diving club! glad you had a great time! just put coconut bread recipe into google and it brought up your blog!! you are famous! take it easy, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps, this is Nicki and Al x

    ReplyDelete