Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Diving Belize

Great grrrrreat day.  Sigh of relief after my friend Cam and I found a different hotel this morning.  Slept outside in sleeping bags last night to avoid destruction from bed bugs, but they were there too.

Over that now.  Went diving today.  Two dive sites:  Taffy and Esmeralda on the Belize reef, second largest to Great Barrier Reef in Australia.  Nurse sharks surrounding us as a HUGE Moray Eel swam up 2 feet from my face, just making sure I knew who was boss.  A big salute to that guy.  Biggest water creatures I've seen this far........8 ft nurse sharkies!   Not a bad first Belize dive day.

Getting ready for my sisters.  They come tomorrow.  The string of 'what to bring' emails have started.  Ladies, swimming suits and a smile is all ya need.

Something to check out from a cool friend.  My friend Lee is crazy.  Awesome adventure spirit is running through his veins.  Riding bike from Cali to Baja Mexico.  Could you do it?
The Cycling Winemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment