Thursday, January 28, 2010

Belize with my sisters

Kelly and Angie arrived.  I met them outside the customs line with a sign 'Party of Fun.'  Oh the invitations that I got from the taxi drivers before they actually came outside!


We immediately went to the bus station.  Angie brought a bag with wheels.  Inside, curling iron and blow dryer.  WHAAAAT?!!

Kelly, prepared as always, had a backpack.  Kelly had to use the restroom at the bus station.  Of course she didn't know you were actually supposed to pay the woman asking for money for restroom usage.  Instead she just walked away!

On the bus you should have seen their eyes. A little worried, scared and confused.  Lots of questions and stories. I'm pretty sure, by the stories Angie was telling, that she didn't remember the people in Belize speak English.  Although it's a different dialect, it is English.


We met a friendly local who showed us to a hotel.  Hard to call it a hotel but it had 3 beds and we payed more than I pay in a week, so we'll call it a hotel.  High class rolling for me, Angie asked where the 5-star was.  She's star crazy.


After a night in dirty Dangriga, we got on the bus and made our way to Placencia.  First having to take a short boat ride, Hokey Pokey water taxi.  As we were getting in line I told them they want to sit in the middle on the seat and in the back.....they sat front row.  Front row + rain = First class baby. I took video of them holding plastic over their heads, sneaking peeks of Belize as we coasted on through the river to the beach.

And here we are.  Placencia.  Kelly's already looked into plane tickets back to Belize city and Angie is requesting a back massage.  As always.

I'll keep you posted.  The stories are rolling in by the second.  Wish me luck with this. Angie brought 5 swimming suits and 4 pairs of flip flops.  Kellys got more medical stuff than a pharmacy.

Love this.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how hard I am laughing at this post right now, and I can picture every word you are describing!!!! Better yet, your face typing all this!!!! AWESOME, tell those ladies HOLA for me!

    ReplyDelete