Thursday, January 14, 2010

why didn't someone warn me?

Utila is just that good.

And I'm now addicted to scuba diving.  Chalk that one up on the addiction list....YIKES!  After tomorrow I'll be open water certified and then onto the advanced course.

Today I saw so much below sea level, a snapshot:
-a barracuda
-angel fish of every color
-puffer fish
-trumpet fish
-a giant crab, GIANT
-and the 12m mark....tomorrow 18m below the surface.

Not to mention the food here, baleadas (tortillas stuffed with re-fried beans, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots) is great and cheap.  A whopping 75 cents for lunch.

Most people come and leave a LOT later than planned.  Maybe that's because during my walk tonight I spotted a ray gliding on the waters surface, moments later a small squid attemping to catch food.

Thank Kelly and Angie for drawing me off this island before a year of my life passed by.

1 comment:

  1. This place looks awesome! Would love to visit!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete